“Time is the scarcest resource, and unless it is managed, nothing else can be managed.”
— Peter Drucker
High-performing salespeople are disciplined and use their time effectively. Implementing structure and organization around your time and activities will put you on a productive path to success in sales. Here are 9 on-point tips for crazy-busy sales reps.
1. Determine the revenue-generating hours …
- When are your prospects available? Block off that prime time on your calendar!
- Match your working hours to your prospects and to your markets.
- Not all buyers and markets work 8 – 5 … get to know their schedules.
- Test out different hours.
- Moreover, start earlier, work later, and work weekends.
You’ll see results and leapfrog the competition!
2. Schedule time for prospecting, demos, advancing and closing deals …
- Spend more time with prospects, qualified leads, and referrals that will generate maximum ROI for you and your company.
- Spend your prime time wisely building rapport, trust, and advancing deals.
3. Score, prioritize, and cluster tasks and activities for greater efficiency …
- Develop a rhythm and get in a groove.
- For example, make calls for a few hours; then send follow up emails during another block of time.
4. Do NOT spend too much time with the wrong accounts …
- Determine the value of each account and qualify at every sales stage.
- CRM daily views of contacts and accounts should include last-activity-date columns.
5. Spend less time on non-revenue generating activities that cost you opportunities …
- Save non-urgent activities, such as administrative tasks and internal operations, for non-revenue generating hours.
- Ask yourself 3 questions on to-do decisions:
1) When will the activity matter?
2) How important is it?
3) How long will it matter?
6. Create email templates for lead generation scenarios and for every stage of a prospect’s buying cycle …
- Include fill-in-the-blank sections for quick personalization.
7. Institute a cloud-based alphabetized filing system that is backed up and synchronized across all your devices.
- Scan paper documents … don’t save unnecessary documents.
8. Quickly celebrate both small and large wins to keep the momentum going …
- When you schedule an appointment with a valuable prospect, immediately pick up the phone for the next call.
- When you close a deal, rapidly call the next contact in an end-sales stage.
9. Set specific weekly, monthly, and quarterly objectives -and determine tasks to complete them …
- Put your goals in writing, and monitor your progress.
- Focus your energy, see results and accomplish your goals.